Reality Shifting has recently become a popular practice on TikTok and other social media platforms.
People are talking about the Reality Shifting Methods they use, how they feel when they use them, and what benefits they get from them.
People began “transporting” themselves mentally into better, more joyful realities as the pandemic caused us to spend a lot of time indoors, unable to perform any exciting activities or meet new people.
Some argue that Reality Shifting is harmful, that it is similar to lucid dreaming, and that it might cause dissociation.
I am not an expert on this subject, but because it appears to be a hot topic, I took the time to research it and explain what Reality Shifting is and what Reality Shifting Methods are best for beginners.
What is Reality Shifting?
To comprehend Reality Shifting, one must first comprehend alternate worlds or parallel universes.
These ideas are all contained in George Ellis’ multiverse theory.
Professor George F.R. Ellis of the University of Cape Town believes in a multiverse — a collection of parallel universes where things exist in a different shape and form than in our one.
Of course, Ellis was not the first to speak of parallel universes or realities, since the philosopher Chrysippus first suggested such an idea in the third century BCE.
However, Ellis developed and expresses the concept clearly and logically.
Related: Beautiful Spiritual Affirmations to Light Your Path
He merely states that there are many parallel universes, which we are unable to comprehend or see owing to our limited cosmic vision.
So there could be a universe where we have flying cars or dogs that talk, where I am a lawyer instead of a writer, or even where Hogwarts is real, as TikTokers recently emphasized.
Did J.K. Rowling somehow enter a parallel universe to write “Harry Potter”? No one knows.
As a result, reality shifting is defined as moving your consciousness from one reality (universe) to another.
Reality Shifting is achieved by entering a meditative state and mentally “traveling” from your Current Reality (CR) to your Desired/Dream Reality (DR).
Reality Shifting can help you manifest if you focus on what you want to bring into your reality (within the limits of this realm).
You can shift into a world where you are living your dream life and manifest it.
No amount of shifting into a reality where your grandmother is still living will be able to bring her back.
21 Reality Shifting Methods for Moving into Your Desired Reality
These are the lists of different reality shifting methods you can use to shift your reality.
The Raven Methodfor Reality Shifting
The Raven Method has become one of the most popular Reality Shifting Methods, with the majority of individuals reporting that it assists them in shifting realities.
The Raven Method is performed in the following steps:
- Play some high-frequency/subliminal music to assist you to enter altered states of awareness.
- Place yourself in the starfish posture on your bed (arms and legs wide apart)
- Relax your muscles and inhale and exhale deeply to achieve a meditative state.
- Begin counting from 1 to 100, mentally repeating one affirmation that will help you change, such as “I am shifting,” “I am moving towards my DR,” “I am there,” and so on.
- You can try to open your eyes after hitting 100 to check if your surroundings have altered, or you can fall asleep and wake up in your DR. If you prefer to visit there while sleeping, you should be really fatigued and dreaming deeply.
The Heart Beat Method for Reality Shifting
The steps in the Heart Beat Method are as follows:
- Find a video with a heartbeat sound and listen to it in a quiet area with headphones.
- Put yourself in a meditative state while listening to your heartbeat.
- Imagine yourself resting on top of someone from your Desired Reality (someone you might be so close to), your head on their chest, listening to their heartbeat.
- Consider how they appear, how you feel, what you can hear and see, and how your hearts connect and beat at the same time.
- After you’ve felt intimately connected to them, imagine them standing up and asking, “Are you ready to go?” Then they take your hand in theirs and guide you through a door.
- Affirmations such as “I am shifting,” “I am in my DR,” and so on should be repeated.
- Enter through the door and imagine a dazzling white light transferring you from one reality to another when you’re ready. Allow yourself to fall asleep and wake up in your DR.
The Train Method for Reality Shifting
The Train Method, in my opinion, is one of the simplest ways to change your reality. To put it to the test, do the following:
- Enter a contemplative condition.
- Consider boarding a train bound for your desired destination.
- Repeat affirmations such as “I am headed towards my Desired Reality,” “I firmly believe that I will succeed,” “I firmly believe that I will arrive in my DR,” and so on while “on the train.”
- Consider how you are literally moving towards your Desired Reality, and how you will arrive at some point.
- Get off the train and choose one of three options: open your eyes and watch what happens, sleep and dream about your Desired Reality, or enjoy it in your mind.
Related: 25+ Sunday Positive Affirmations For The Week Ahead
The “Alice in Wonderland Method”
This simple shifting mechanism is incredibly inventive, and it was inspired by the lovely story of Alice in Wonderland.” To try it out, follow these steps:
- While lying in bed, relax and meditate.
- Begin repeating shifting affirmations from this meditative state until you feel a “shifting state.”
- Imagine yourself sitting under a tree in a lovely meadow when someone from your Desired Reality approaches you and takes your hand, urging you to accompany them down a rabbit hole.
- They invite you to jump into the rabbit hole while you are in front of it. They dive in, and if you’re ready, you follow.
- Feel how you let go of everything from your Current Reality and emotionally remove yourself from it as you go down the rabbit hole. Don’t rush through this process; take your time.
- You are in a room where the individual is waiting for you after you have fallen. There is a table in the room, and on the table is a key. They hand you the key, walk you to a door, and ask, “Are you ready to go?” If your answer is yes, follow them through the door; if it’s no, go all the way back up and sit beneath the tree, pondering why you’re not ready to leave.
- If you answered yes, proceed through the door. You will be in your desired reality’s bedroom. Lay down on your bed and fall asleep, waking up in your dream.
The Julia Method is a simple reality shifting technique that allows you to visit your Desired Reality in your dreams. The steps are as follows:
- Lay on your bed and enter a meditative condition.
- Begin repeating the affirmation “I am” in your thoughts until you see shifting sensations such as tingling, twitching, seeing brilliant lights, and so on.
- Once you’re experiencing symptoms, begin uttering reality shifting affirmations like “I can reach my Dream reality”, “I am in my Dream Reality” — these should amplify the changing symptoms.
- After this stage, begin to think about your dream and what you want to happen in your dream in as much detail as possible.
- Take a nap
The Pillow Method
Before going to bed, the Pillow Method requires you to write your screenplay on a piece of paper and place it beneath your pillow.
You can supplement your script with positive affirmations or reality shifting affirmations.
Then, lie down in your bed and enter a meditative state. Declare your purpose to achieve a specific Desired Reality and commit to shifting tonight.
Following your declaration of intention, begin envisioning your Dream Reality while repeating shifting affirmations.
Allow yourself to fall asleep after this, knowing that you will awaken in your ideal parallel reality.
The Elevator Method necessitates the following steps:
- Get into a contemplative state by lying in your bed in the starfish posture.
- Declare your purpose to transform realities and consider how to achieve your Desired Reality.
- Consider stepping into an elevator that begins to rise slowly.
- Repeat shifting affirmations as the elevator rises.
- When you’re ready, imagine the elevator halting at a specific floor and opening its doors.
- Get off the elevator and observe yourself dozing off in this new reality. Allow yourself to enter the sleeping body on the bed and wake up in your DR.
Related: 100+ Love Captions You Can Use On Your Instagram
The Piano Method for Reality Shifting
The Piano Reality Shifting method is picturing yourself (in a meditative condition) playing the piano on a stage in front of a large crowd.
You are well-dressed, and your performance is excellent.
Visualize yourself singing as precisely and vividly as possible.
Everyone applauds after you finish, and you take a bow and exit the stage.
You are then in a corridor, where a member of your Desired Reality awaits you.
They take your hand and bring you along the corridor, which is lined with doors.
Choose a door that speaks to you, open it, and walk through it with the person.
After going through the door, the person from your DR greets you with “Welcome home,” and you immediately feel at ease.
A golden warm light surrounds you, allowing you to alter realities.
Then, allow yourself to consider various possibilities that could occur in this reality.
Sleep with the firm idea that you have shifted and will awaken in your desired world.
The Staircase Method
The Staircase Method entails envisioning yourself climbing a staircase (in a meditative condition).
With each step you take, repeat reality transforming affirmations.
Don’t rush; take as much time as you need until you notice symptoms changing.
Then picture reaching the top of the staircase and discovering a mirror in which your Current Reality is reflected.
You take a look at it and decide to discard it. You see a door, and when you open it, a stairway descends.
Your vibration rises as you descend the stairwell. You’re becoming into a match for your Desired Reality.
When you get downstairs, there will be someone from your Desired Reality waiting for you in front of a door.
“Are you ready to go?” they ask, and when you respond yes, they open the door and you begin strolling through a corridor together.
As you walk, you talk about your Desired Reality, such as who you are, what you do for a job, where you live, and so on.
Then, at the end of the corridor, there is another door that, when opened, takes you to your DR.
Rest assured that you’ve successfully shifted.
The Sunni Method is straightforward and effective.
There are two steps to it, and the first can be done at any time of day, while the second should only be done shortly before going to bed.
- Find a peaceful place to sit and enter a meditative state.
Feel as if you are in your preferred world, and then enhance that sensation until you are certain that you have arrived.
- Before going to bed, visualize a short scene from your desired world.
While picturing, repeat a couple changing affirmations in your head. This technique should be repeated several times until you fall asleep. You should become aware of your Desired Reality.
Related: Steps To Accomplish Your Dreams
The Intent Method
The Intent Method is most likely the simplest and most successful reality changing technique.
To test it out, simply lie in your bed before falling asleep and relax your muscles.
Then, express your intention to awaken in your Dream Reality, as well as your intention to shift, and allow yourself to fall asleep.
You must awaken in your Desired Reality.
The Estelle Method encourages you to listen to soothing music and enter a meditative state.
Visualize yourself dancing with someone from your Desired Reality, feeling the moves and all the good feelings that dancing ignites within you.
When the music stops, the person with whom you were dancing asks, “Are you ready to go?” and leads you to a door.
As you walk through the door, you begin to repeat shifting affirmations and feel your way into your Desired Reality.
Feel as if you’ve arrived in your DR after passing through the door. Open your eyes and look around to see what has changed.
The Mirror Method
The Mirror Method needs you to lie down on your back in a private and quiet place.
You enter a meditative condition and imagine yourself lying on your bed, opening your eyes, and seeing a large mirror above your bed.
You can see your other self from your Desired Reality staring back at you in the mirror.
You examine them carefully, announce your intention to shift, and begin saying reality shifting affirmations.
Then, imagine yourself walking into the mirror and merging with your Dream Reality self.
The Falling Method for Reality Shifting
Play some peaceful music and get into a meditative state while lying on your bed to practice the “Falling Method.”
Declare your intention to change your reality.
After that, imagine yourself running slowly towards the edge of a cliff.
Running allows you to repeat shifting mantras and enhance your intention to shift.
When you reach the cliff’s edge, you jump and picture yourself falling into an ocean or a field of flowers.
You can even match your background music to the dropping destination you’ve picked — for example, if you’re envisioning falling into a field of flowers, play ocean noises.
Then, when you’re falling, tell yourself, “I’m falling, please save me now.”
Then envision someone from your Desired Reality appearing, grabbing your hand, and dragging you into your Desired Reality.
Then recognize that you’ve shifted and open your eyes.
The Eleven Method
The “Eleven Reality Shifting Method” is straightforward. All you have to do is lie on your bed and relax before going to sleep.
It is beneficial if you are exhausted before going to bed.
Before retiring to bed, play some white noise in the background and cover your eyes with an eye mask or a scarf.
After that, announce your purpose to shift and begin repeating the reality altering affirmations.
Then, envision the version of yourself that resides in your Dream Reality.
Consider merging with them to become your Dream Self.
Allow yourself to drift off, and you should awaken in your DR.
The Swirly Eye Method for Reality Shifting
Play some soothing music and then lie down on your bed to begin the Swirly Eye approach.
Begin rubbing your eyes until you notice the optical illusions that occur when you wipe your eyes, such as lines, forms, and so on.
Try to mold the lines and shapes you perceive into your desired reality.
You may mould them into people, places, and buildings, among other things.
Then, as you open your eyes, confirm that you are in your Desired Reality.
The “Sage Method”
Lay in your bed and relax, with some meditation music playing in the background.
Then, express your intention to shift to your Desired Reality and experience your consciousness leave your body and entering the reality you want to shift to.
When you feel the transition, you can either open your eyes or allow yourself to fall asleep and wake up in your DR.
The “Jade Method” for Reality Shifting
The “Jade Method” is the next method in our list of Reality Shifting Methods. To use this strategy, lie in bed with some calming music playing in the background and relax your entire body.
Then, envision yourself in any setting you like, and state your intention to shift to your Desired Reality.
As you do this, someone from your DR appears in front of you and begins cheering and supporting you, saying things like “you can do it,” “we’re waiting for you,” “you’re almost home,” and so on.
Related: Steps To Accomplish Your Dreams
Feel the encouragement and optimism that they provide.
Then, like in the “Raven Method,” begin counting to 100 while repeating shifting affirmations between each number.
You will begin to notice shifting sensations, and when you do, you can opt to open your eyes and check to see if your surroundings have changed, or to fall asleep and wake up in your DR.
The Rope Methodfor Reality Shifting
You should also lay in bed with calm music playing in the background for the “Rope Method.”
Relax your muscles and enter a meditative state before imagining a white light approaching you and filling your body with powerful positive energy.
This energy empowers your body and spirit, and you begin to feel quite protected.
After that, imagine a rope hanging from your ceiling and almost touching you on your bed.
The consciousness then leaves your body and begins climbing the rope.
You climb the rope, repeating reality shifting affirmations with the tremendous desire to enter your Desired Reality once you reach the summit.
When you feel you’ve achieved the pinnacle, imagine a portal.
You enter your Dream Reality by walking through the gateway.
You go right into the body of your Desired Self, which is lying on your bed, and you become your version of your Desired Reality.
You sleep and then awaken in your Dream Reality.
The “TV Method”
You should also be in a contemplative condition for the “TV Method,” with peaceful music playing in the background.
Imagine yourself watching television in your current reality. You are witnessing a scenario from this reality on the television.
You take out the remote and change the channel. You are now looking at your Desired Reality on the screen.
You pass through the screen and find yourself in your Desired Reality.
From there, you see your alternate-reality self napping in your bedroom and walk inside their body, becoming them and falling asleep.
You should be in your DR as soon as you wake up.
Please contribute any more Reality Shifting Methods you are aware of in the comments area below.
Also, I’d love to hear your stories of reality shifting and how it went for you!
Reality shifting is a difficult task with numerous approaches. Everything begins with determining where you are and then deciding where you want to go. Following that, you must make the final decision to relocate, following which you will build your identity. What is critical is that you follow through and become the thing you created!